PE Fabric which is also known as polythene fabric is a light but durable type of architectural fabric. The demand for this fabric is increasing day by day due to its low weight and cheap price as well as long lasting [15 to 23 years]. These fabrics are very strong and they do not stretch, they are suitable fabric for folding camp and deck chairs, tarps and tents.
PE [Polyethylene] fabric is a synthetic fabric, meaning it was created by humans. It is chemically resistant and water repellent. When it rains, it dries quickly and cleans well, washing dirt and other debris away. PE fabric is more translucent, absorbing up to 9% of the sun’s rays in the morning. This fabric is a cost-effective way to cover your things for a short period of time.
What is PE fabric made of?
Polymerized polythene unit is used to make PE fabric. Monofilament is the most common kind, although it may also be found as a continuous woven fabrics and primarily as a fiber. It is not possible to colour polythene yarn. Color is added to the extrusion by the use of pigment and pigment. Polythene can come in a variety of forms.
PE fabric Properties
|Fabric name||PE [Polyethylene] fabric|
|Material of fabric||Polyethylene polymer|
|Heat retention capability||Low|
|Prone to bubbling||Low|
|Commonly used in||Hats, Clothing, Ropes, Blanket, Upholstery, tents ETC|
PE Fabrics Advantages
- Better chemical resistance
- Low co-efficient of friction
- Excellent impact resistance
- Lightweight and also Stable
- Resistant to many solvents
- Zero water absorption
- Excellent wear resistance
PE Fabric Characterizes
- PE fabrics are light but very durable fabrics that are not easily damaged.
- PE fabrics are usually very good at resisting the harmful effects of chemicals and water.
- This fabric resists dirt and stains, is cut and scrape resistant, and dries rapidly.
- Due to low elasticity, it is resistant to abrasion, stretching, and other physical stressors.
- The fabric drapes nicely and is simple to cut, weave, and process.
- This fabric is easy to wash and it also dry so quickly.
- Pe fabric has excellent colorfastness, this fabric does not lose color or fade on the sun.
- It is smooth and pleasant to the touch and also does not absorb odors.
PE Fabric Usage
Polyethylene fabric is robust and do not shrink, making them ideal for tarps, tents, and foldable camp and deck chairs. Polyethylene and polypropylene fibers are commonly found in olefin carpets. Protective suits for persons dealing with biological or chemical dangers are composed of high-density polyethylene, which resists cuts, rips, and is resistant to water and airborne pollutants. Gardening mulch is made of black polyethylene cloth, which hides light from weeds while allowing moisture to pass through its weave.
PE VS PVC Fabric
Fabrics made of PE and PVC are ideal for a wide range of applications. Both types of cloth are robust and long-lasting, and they’re made to function effectively when tensioned properly. Most of the difficulties connected with previous fabric constructions, such as overstressing the fabric, are avoided by keeping the cloth tensioned both vertically and horizontally.